PE Absence & Make-Up Policy 2014/2015
PARTICIPATION POINT SYSTEM
•Students are graded only on the days that they are present in PE. This means that when a student is absent, there will be no participation make up required.
• Point breakdown: Block Days are worth 10 points, and non-block days are worth 5 points.
• Deductions from daily points concern responsibility (ie. punctuality, loaner clothes, etc.), behavior, and effort.
• Students who do not have a note that states they are injured or ill during class must make up the workout during a supervised time at school. Time & days will be determined.
• If a student is suspended due to an issue IN PE, this will result in a loss of all participation points for the duration of the suspension. These participation points cannot be made up.
• If a suspension is due to an offense OUTSIDE of PE, this is treated like a routine absence. As such, they will be excused from making the missed participation up.
• If student does not participate 4 or more weeks in PE for the particular quarter, they will receive a NO GRADE in PE for the current grading period.
ASSESSMENTS/ TEST MAKE-UP
•All tests must be made up. Monthly Mile & Fitness Testing must be made up in class with PE teacher by arrangement. Unit Reflection, School Net Assessments, etc. need to be made up on a student’s own time during TNT, lunch or at home.
DAILY WORKOUT MAKE-UPS
•Students who are absent for a workout will be excused from that workout.
•Students who have a DOCTOR’S note (NOT PARENT NOTE) will be excused from the workout, based on the details in the note.
•Students who have a PARENT’S note will need to do a make-up for their workout from one of the choices on the WORKOUT MAKE-UP SHEET.
•Students who have NO NOTE and state they are unable to do a workout (due to illness/injury) will need to make it up during a supervised time as stated on the WORKOUT MAKE-UP SHEET
DAILY PE POINT MAKE-UPS
•Students that are in PE but are on a medical (DR. note) excusing them from PE completely:
< 1 week - Class Observation Sheet A
, Sheet B
, or Sheet C
(stay in class)
> 1 week - Daily activity from the PE PARTICIPATION SHEET turned in daily to
receive points. Long term projects are available based on length of time out of
PE. See PE Teacher.
> 1 Month – Explore options of: (all options are excused in PE grade book.)
o Study Hall time in Library
o Student TA
o Change Class schedule
Students that are in PE but bring a PARENT’S NOTE excusing them from PE completely:
< 1 week - PE Observation Sheet (stay in class)
> 1 week - Must go to the doctor and bring a note stating details of injury and
restrictions / modifications for PE.
WORKOUT MAKE UP SHEETS ARE LOCATED RIGHT HERE ON THE PE WEBSITE.
PE PARTICIPATION SHEETS ARE LOCATED IN THE FISHER LIBRARY.