Insurance, Warranty & Repair Info
Chromebook repair process for 2019-2020 school year:
- Immediately report breakage or damage to the Fisher Chrome Depot located in our front office and a school-issued loaner will be provided for up to 30 days while your device is repaired or replaced. To request a temporary loaner, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fisher Chrome Depot will determine whether or not your Chromebook repair is a warranty issue for HP, an insurance claim with Worth Ave., or an insurance claim with School Device Coverage.
- If your school-owned Chromebook (either a Year-Long loaner or temporary loaner) needs repair, Chrome Depot will take care of your device repair.
- If your personally-owned Chromebook is covered by a current School Device Coverage Insurance policy, Chrome Depot will take care of your device repair.
HP WARRANTY REPAIRS:
For Chromebooks purchased this summer, HP will cover any manufacturer defect or mechanical failure for the first year, but will not cover accidental damage or theft. To file a warranty claim with HP, visit the HP site and enter your device serial number: https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty
INSURANCE PURCHASE FOR 2019-2020 school year:
This year, we are partnering with School Device Coverage, a local insurance company. A 1-year premium (June 2019 - June 2020) is only $29, and will cover:
- Accidental damage
- Cracked screen
- Liquid Submersion
- Fire / Flood
- Loss / Theft
- Manufacturer Defects
- Mechanical Breakdowns
Simply log into the School Device Coverage website, fill out a claim form & drop off the Chromebook with the completed claim form at Fisher Chrome Depot. Once it has been repaired, your device will be returned directly to your child. These policies are available for both new and existing devices.
To purchase an Insurance policy for your NEW or EXISTING Chromebook go to: https://schooldevicecoverage.com/
WORTH AVE GROUP POLICYHOLDERS:
If you have a current Worth Ave Group policy, you will need to file a claim directly with the insurer (see claim form below). Please fill out claim form completely - including the Billing/Payment section at the bottom. If this field is left blank, boxes for your devices will not ship to the correct address, thereby delaying your repair process.
Email the form to both of the addresses listed on the top of the claim form. Your claim will be processed, and a box & return instructions will be shipped directly to your home.
- If your device is not covered by warranty, or if you do not have a current insurance policy, you are responsible for repair or replacement of your Chromebook.