Parents on Campus
Parents on Campus (POC) is a lunch time school program dedicated to promoting a safe and friendly environment for all members of the Fisher community. The Parents on Campus program is based on the belief that increased adult visibility on campus will reduce safety related distractions and provide our students with a sense of security, stability and happiness.
How Does It Work?
Parents on Campus brings volunteer parents to school during the lunch period. Volunteer parents walk around the campus, mingling with students, keeping eyes and ears open. Staff personnel will always be available to handle any situation.
How Do I Volunteer?
Drop by the main office to complete a volunteer form. Please bring TB test and proof of vaccine. Once you have completed the application process you are welcome to stop by campus during lunchtime
You may volunteer for Parents on Campus on a regular schedule, i.e. weekly, bi-weekly, once a month or whenever you like. Drop-ins are welcome, just make sure to get a lanyard in the office.
When Is Lunch?
Monday (All Grades): 12:48 pm - 1:23 pm
Tuesday - Friday (6th Grade): 12:00 pm - 12:35 pm
Tuesday - Friday (7th & 8th Grade): 12:35 pm - 1:10 pm
For your reference, a campus map is posted on the Parents on Campus board in the school office.
Students need to remain within the painted yellow lines during lunch. (Exceptions: students with tutoring appointments in classrooms.)
School Staff On Duty During Lunch
- Mary Lonhart, Principal
- Paul Brennan, Assistant Principal
- Clare Vickers, Assistant Principal
- Kristie Mullikin, Counselor
- Sara Tiscareno-Kennedy, Counselor
- Eriberto Arciga, Custodian
A Day In The Life Of A Parents on Campus Volunteer
- Come 5 minutes early.
- Get a Parents on Campus lanyard at the Attendance Desk
- Sign in for a station needing coverage.
- Be a friendly adult presence on campus
- Head out to the quad and walk around, have fun and engage the students in conversation.
- Report any concerns to RJF staff.
Interacting With Students
Have fun walking around and observing the students. You will be “in the know” about what kids are saying, eating and wearing at school. Enjoy them and engage them in conversations. You may be surprised how much kids enjoy connecting with adults! Parents On Campus is not a security patrol; rather it is a highly visible, volunteer program that promotes campus security through positive parent presence. Your presence will maintain a safe, caring environment of campus for our students. Please report to staff any inappropriate, unsafe, or questionable behaviors you observe.
On rainy days, volunteers are needed even more! Some students go to the cafeteria to eat on rainy days but others remain outdoors in the sheltered areas. We still need parents on campus. Bring a jacket and an umbrella.
- Please remember to be available and approachable
- Dogs, no matter how friendly, are not allowed on campus
- Students are not allowed to use cell phones at school
- Parents should abide by the rules, no cell phone use, dress appropriately, no gum chewing
- School staff, not Parents on Campus volunteers, will enforce the dress code
- Bring sunscreen and a hat
- Spend your time talking to the students, not the other parents!
For more information, contact:
- Paul Brennan, VP: 408-335-2307 firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
You are making a difference in the lives of our children by volunteering!